Friday, April 24, 2009

Tea Party.

In theory, I really want to be a tea drinker. There is something so charming about tea—the cups, the cute little kettle boiling on the stove. Tea is infinitely soothing and comforting. Classy even.

I was in London this past January and a nice cuppa tea became part of our daily ritual.  It seemed so smart. I vowed to keep it up back here in the states. After a little bit of poking around the tea section, I found this amazing Tazo Berryblossom tea. Not only did it come in a lovely package, it was an enticing white tea with a touch of blueberry and cranberry. I’d love to romance you with how it tastes like eating fresh juicy berries under a sun dappled oak tree in a big pretty meadow….but instead I’ll tell you it's simply a damn fine cup of tea.  The story should end here except I’m just not ready to be a tea girl yet. The problem? I love coffee.

Photos found here and  here.

Nothing makes me happier than a big cup of coffee goodness. I love a tasty French press with a splash of half and half. I’ll get schmancy with a cappuccino lightly dusted with cinnamon or indulge in a yummy caramel macchiato. And I love a straight-up cuppa joe. Coffee is my big weakness. I don’t drink it all day long, but I can’t imagine a day going by without it. I find it comforting and bracing at the same time. If tea is Sherlock Holmes then coffee is Han Solo. Strong, potentially bad for you...but kind of a bad ass.

People tend to be in one camp or the other. So which are you? Coffee? Tea? And if you’re a tea drinker, I’d love some suggestions. I’m always looking to add a little calm (and class!) to mah life.