Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The sickeningly sweet world of Liz Wolfe.

It's not often that I use the words "gross" and "adorable" in the same sentence, but hold tight pretty kitties, cuz I'mmabout to do just that. Let's talk about Liz Wolfe. I first encountered Liz's work when we were looking for photographers who worked with food in artful ways (for a new campaign we were doing). I stumbled upon her book and holy cannoli, I was totally blown away. Her work is bold, playful, gorgeous and ridiculous. And yeah. Sometimes kinda gross. Check it:




(look closely....that's meat....)








Canadian born Liz Wolfie grew up in Saskatchewan and studied photography at Ryerson University's School of Image Arts in Toronto. In 2009, she exhibited her work at the Architecture + Design Museum (Los Angeles), the Gladstone Hotel (Toronto) and Project Basho Gallery (Philadelphia). Liz currently lives in Toronto. She has a little four year old boy, which makes her even cooler in my book. Go mama!

All images copyright (c) Liz Wolfe. Visit LizWolfe.com for more amazing images.