Monday, July 27, 2009

Taking the New Yawker out for a spin.

Well, we're finally back from our little holiday at the lake. It's always good to be home, but Michigan was so much fun I wish we had a leeetle more time there.

One afternoon Greg and I decided to take the New Yorker out for a spin and lemme tell ya, that is one helluva car!!!  (for those who are new around here, my Uncle Max had a mint condition, 1977 baby blue Chrysler New Yorker with white leather interior...it's a tank. And it's AWESOME.) We turned it on and I swear that I felt like I stepped into a time machine. The radio sounds so adorably old timey and you feel like you're sitting in First Class on a Pan Am airplane. 

The steering wheel is really small and narrow, but it handles like a dream.  For a 1977 auto, it is loaded with goodies—automatic seats & windows, "search" on the radio, a snazzy light up vanity mirror (hey, this may not sound impressive, but remember this was the 70s people. Most folks still had hand crank windows!).