Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Style Files: A Sunny Day and High Heeled Sneaks





The weather was so great this weekend. Not too hot, but warm enough that it felt amazing. I finally managed to get a picture of the fantastic shoes I inherited from my sweet Tanta Maria. They look like they're by Marc Jacobs, they have such a current vibe, but they're authentic 1970s issue platform "high heel sneaks". They are really bouncey and comfy. I am not ashamed to admit I wore this outfit TWICE this weekend....it seemed the right amount of comfort and cute. When I wore it to the beach I wore my converse.


You can still see my fading scar on my ankle (it looks like I have dirty legs, but back in 1990 I got third degree burns while working at a restaurant ...twas major. Not fun...but the scar is almost gone!)





The deets:

+ Vintagey looking sundress/tunic....FOREVER 21 baby.
+ Jeans, the Gap
+ Short sleeved cardy, Target
+ Shoes, vintage
+ Sunglasses, Chloe (had to have something that was more than $20 in the mix, right??)


I'm all about creative dressing—making cheapo things look cuter. There are so many affordable places out there these days, it's made being a frugal fashionista so much easier. (Did I really just use the phrase frugal fashionista?? Oh yes I did, cha cha.)

xoxo, alex