Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Style Files: Anna Sui Likes to Gossip









I totally succumbed to the Anna Sui collection at Target. Do I feel weird that this is the "Gossip Girl" collection? Nope! So, apparently this is a "Serena" dress. And while I'm neither svelte, leggy or blonde, I think it's kind of a cool dress. It has these weird metallic, plastic spikey things (kinda like punk rock paillettes) around the neck. I read some reviews where people expressed disappointment that the spikes were plastic and not something more substantial like metal. Personally I'm not too psyched about wearing something resembling a mini bear trap around my neck, so i was totally A-OK with the plastic. It's got kind of a looooow neck line, which I can't quite figure out how to work. I either need to take in the shoulder straps OR invest in some sticky tape. If you are thinking of getting this dress I would say a few things. It runs BIG in the hips, which was lovely news for me....but if you are very slim I would go down a size. Also, the neckline is def tricky. Not sure of bigger boobage would be better to hold it up or if it would look scandalous?? I also think it would hang better on someone taller....but I still am digging it! Because of the low neck, I feel like its more of a going out look. I usually love taking fancy stuff and dressing it down, but the potential for awkward neckline action isn't my idea of a fun day!

+ Anna Sui Gossip Girl Collection, Target
+ Little Black cardigan with birdie applique, Target (eons ago)
+ Grey Booties, Kohls
+ Silver Mini Handbag, vintage
+ Pink beads, thrifted