Thursday, June 4, 2009

Walk with me to work.

Every day we walk or drive to work. We're scrambling to be on time. Sometimes we're running late. Often we're on the phone for a pre-work chat. But rarely do we stop and look.  I decided I needed to fix that. C'mon. Take a walk with me to work...


We begin at BART, taking the metro from the East Bay into the City.


Look both ways. One of my favorite things about working in the City is the "4-Way Walk Sign"—when all the signs have the little green walking guy, cars have to stop and all the pedestrians can cross the street diagonally.


Kate Spade always has the most colorful, fun window displays. Hmmm, there's a sale. Should we pop in??


The FRESH store is one of the prettiest little buildings. I also happen to love their scents and bath products. I didn't take you into the Starbucks on the corner, but I did make a pit stop for a double tall nonfat latte. (I'm a fan of the caramel macchiato too...)


While I work at a big ad agency, we're not in the typical downtown jungle. We're right near Chinatown and everyday we navigate the throngs of tourists. Seeing them marvel at our pretty city always makes me smile.







Talk about marketing...these guys have been "going out of business" for the past 3.5 years.




Lucky me! I get to see this every morning.


Ah, there she is....my building. That hill is a killer I tell ya...



And here I am. Ready to the start the day. Nope, I didn't change sneakers (if you have an eagle eye you might have noticed they changed). I cheated...this last photo was from a while back. HAPPY THURSDAY!